Granton® Surgical Blades
With roots dating back to 1601, we’ve been making high quality cutting edge products in Sheffield, UK for many generations. In fact, we’ve been involved in the manufacture and sale of Surgical Blades since the original US patent expired in 1929!
Our range of Surgical Blades and Scalpels is now marketed under our Granton Silver branding, and forms a compact range of popular blade types and patterns, available in both Stainless and Carbon Steel, alongside our innovative Granton® Safety Scalpels with Retractable Stainless Steel Blades.
Our Surgical Blades are manufactured from hardened and tempered surgical steel to BS 2982:1992 and BS EN 27740:1992/ISO 7740:1985 standards and are precision ground to ensure fine cutting edges and reliable fitment with handles. Our Stainless and Carbon Steel Sterile Blades are supplied in sterile foil packs for single use.
|Blade Pattern||Stainless Sterile Blades
|Carbon Sterile Blades
Granton Silver Standard Disposable Scalpel
Granton Silver Disposable Scalpels are designed to meet the demands of modern surgery. With comfort grip handles moulded from ABS plastic, these products are supplied fitted with a Stainless Steel blade in a choice of blade patterns, and incorporate a Safety Blade Guard for pre and post surgery safety. Granton Silver Disposable Scalpels are individually packed in a clear-view peel-pouch and are supplied in a box of 10 scalpels.
|Blade Pattern||Plastic Handle fitted with Stainless Surgical Blade
Granton® Safety Scalpels with
Retractable Stainless Steel Blades
Also available from Granton®, the unique, innovative Granton® Safety Scalpels with Retractable Stainless Steel Blades, designed and engineered to prevent accidental sharps injuries. Granton® Safety Scalpels with Retractable Stainless Steel Blades feature the following benefits:-
- Use demonstrates compliance with EU Council Directive 2010/32/EU, on protection from sharps injuries in the hospital and healthcare sector, and general best practice guidelines
- Helps protect both the user and the patient
- Unique, patented spring loaded blade delivery system allows the user to positively locate the blade for use, and then to auto-retract it into the scalpel handle after use
- Safe Passing – retracting the blade back into the handle ensures no passing of scalpel with exposed blade
- Safe Disposal – no attaching or removing of blades before or after use – simply retract the blade back into the handle and dispose of the whole product
- Single handed operation
- Slip Resistant Finger Grips
- Made in the UK
|Blade Pattern||Granton® Safety Scalpel with Auto-Retract Blade (Boxed 10s) Code|
Also available from Granton® - Standard and Long Carbon Steel Stitch Cutter Blades and Metal Scalpel Handles.